Friday, April 10, 2020

Twenty Nine, Covid - 19, Safer At Home

I got a few things done today, it feels good.

I finally updated my desktop computer in the office to Windows 10.  That went smoothly.  After the update was done, I got busy and printed a few Word Search puzzles for my tutor-ee.  I also wrote him a letter letting him know we would not reconvene until Fall, but I'll be sending him Word Search puzzles from time to time.  I had not really thought that through, but it makes sense to just wait, so now it's off my mind.

I'm already thinking that I'll be spending the summer avoiding much contact with anyone.  I'm not convinced that there will be a hard ending to this virus, and goal one is still to NOT catch it.

I also had a TeleMed appointment with my Cardiologist.  It was good.  He basically told me that the little flutters I felt were not a big thing, I should disregard.  He also prescribed a 'rescue drug' for if I get that racing heart beat, I can take on of these pills and wait an hour, it should pop me back into a normal rhythm, and if not, then I go to the ER.  I made a run to Walgreens after we chatted so now I have that on hand, nice peace of mind.

Anyway, it works well to do the video appointment, I like it.  I remember when Dad was going to the VA, he would see his Psychiatrist via video, he had to go the VA hospital but then they would set him up to video chat with her.  Now we do it from our recliners.

I worked on the quilt some more.  I was down to the last step 
and string sewed the blocks together.

Now all the blocks have to be trimmed to 8.5 inch square.
This is fussy work and time consuming, but I should finish tomorrow.


 The next step is to add sashing.
The project going quite quickly and it is a pattern I really enjoy sewing.

This afternoon I played Bridge on line with Amy, Roche & LeAnna and we Zoomed at the same time so we could chat.  That is very fun, and after 2 hours, I feel like I've had plenty of friendly interaction.

Fresh sheets on the bed tonight, I'll be ready for bed having such a hectic day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails