Monday, April 6, 2020

25 days & 50 years


Wow, 50 years ago today, 4/6/197,. Spring skiing with Roche & K'Aun on a bright sunny day at Loveland Ski Area. About noon, I took a big forward tumble, the ski binding did not release, and then I spent the next 9 months in a long leg cast, non weight bearing for 6 months of that time. 

This photo must have been after I had the bone graft and was given a walking cast.  Before that I was on crutches and I didn't miss much, other than a lot of school to start with, but once I got up and around, I managed to have a pretty good summer.  I remember sitting poolside, cast getting a little soggy, but still getting in my pool time.  Casts were actually plaster back in those days, not the fancy, durable fiberglass of now.

Thank goodness ski equipment & Orthopedics have improved in the last 50 years.

Oh yeah, and I was skipping school that day. ðŸ‘€
My friends brought me down the hill in a splint, to the ER at the hospital where my Mom was working as a medical transcriptionist.
Awkward to say the least.

My cast said "Keep the Faith", a nice timeless phrase.

****

Day 25 of Covid-19 Safer At Home.
I woke up this morning to the two cats snuggled up on the bed next to me.  This is a rare occurrence, as usually one of them (Hops) gets hissy and they split up.





 Today I worked on my Corona quilt again.

Decided I would mass chop so I can production line sew.
Got the chopping done.


Tomorrow I'll get started on the sewing. Should not take long to get the piecing done, and then I can focus on the trimming to size.
It is an interesting quilt to sew.

I did some investigatory raking around the yard today.
The Day-lilies are up about 2 inches and the Peonies are up too.  Soon, it will be time to get serious about yard clean up.

Keep the Faith.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails