Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 23 of Safer At Home - Day 1 of Quilt Camp at home

I finally got busy and set up the cutting table in the living room.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to start with, 
I have a lot of projects I want and need to make, 
some are graduation gifts.

Turns out the first thing I needed to do, was add a Grid Glider to my sewing machine table.  I had purchased this some time ago.  My sewing table is cracked, glued & taped, but sometimes fabric catches on all that nonsense, this Grid Glider was an attempt to cure that.  It took a little messing with to get the opening just right for the bobbin case, but now it is really a sweet deal.



Mary & Sharon, my regular quilt camp pals, are also sewing this weekend.  
We 3 signed up to make the same quilt through The Fabric Patch in Ironwood, MI  
The name of the quilt pattern is "I didn't do it". 
I like the pattern, kind of looks like stained glass. 

The store sample of pattern "I didn't do it"

The store owner is planning to do some YouTube tutorials to walk us through the quilt.  
So, I decided to start my quilt camp at home with this quilt.  
I found I had the fabric needed in my stash.  
So, I was off and running.  
I was probably supposed to wait for the tutorial on Monday, 
but I had the written instructions to off I went.


The first step was to fancy cut up some 10" squares of fabric.

Then, of course, I had to sew those fancy shapes back together and trim them into a nice square.


Next comes the layout and adding sashing.



I sewed up 5 squares today, 25 more to do tomorrow.
But now I get the idea, so it might go a little faster.
This will be a pretty little quilt.
And I'm pretty sure I know where this one is going to go too!

Normally at quilt camp, I would sew until midnight and sometimes later.
I don't have all that good overhead lighting here, so I think I'll have a early stop tonight and plan to get after it earlier tomorrow in the good light.

It does feel good to finally get sewing again!

And yes, I'll probably sew up a few face masks too.

Meanwhile, Barley....




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails