Sunday, April 5, 2020

24, only 3 weeks by the Beatles song, 8 days a week

I'm a day late on yesterday's update, but here it is.
Day 24, Palm Sunday
Only 3 weeks by the Beatles song, 🎵 Eight Days A Week 🎵
(free ear worm to my readers)

Here we are, Week 4 of home alone.
I have been thinking alot about how Dad would have handled this pandemic.  
He almost always took things in stride.  
I suppose if he had enough Bourbon for an evening cocktail, and coffee and toast for morning coffee, he would have made do just fine.

After Ev had a stroke in September of 2014, I was talking to him on the phone while he was sitting at her side in the hospital and Dad said that "he was at the point where he accepted it, realized he couldn't do anything about it and just needed to get the right attitude about it".

October 2014, Wilkins on Bone Lake

I have thought about that conversation many, many times in the last 6 years.
  Accept it, realize what you can or cannot do about it, adjust your attitude to what is right.
  Good and sage advice from Dad, during a Covid-19 Pandemic 
or in other times of serious consequence.

I spent Sunday sewing some more on my quilt.

This quilt is going along nicely, the fancy cutting gets easier with experience.

In the afternoon, I met up with 3 friends on Zoom.
We logged into an on-line Bridge app, and sat at a virtual table and played cards for a couple of hours.  It was quite fun, I would keep that up even after the Safer at Home mandate is lifted.


I wrapped up my Sunday by making an Instant Pot of white bean, ham, potato and carrot soup.
I have enough for several meals, so I'll freeze a container and then enjoy having easy dinners ready by just microwaving a bowl of soup.

Keeping the days of the week straight is somewhat challenging, 
maybe The Beatles had that in mind with Eight Days A Week!

Be Well.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails