Wednesday, April 29, 2020

4 dozen days of Covid - 19

Today marks 48 days since Safer At Home became my mantra.

As of today, in the State of Wisconsin, 6,081 have been confirmed as positive for Covid-19, 281 deaths caused by the virus.  
In the county of Barron where I live, 6 have been confirmed, 0 dead.  
Of course in both cases, testing is primarily provided only to those who are very ill.

Nationwide 1.06M are confirmed positive for the virus and 60,983 are dead as a result.
The controversy continues to brew about opening businesses and returning to normal activities.
There is some hope for a possible treatment, drug trials are promising, Remdesivir is the name.  
Time will tell.

The beat goes on.

Took some photos of my daffodils today, they are a little droopy, but still so beautiful.
On a bright sunny day, it is hard to get a good photo, they almost reflect the light.
We had a cloudy morning, so that was perfect for a few snapshots.






It was a very chilly and windy morning.  
Mr Cardinal stopped by, but the wind was hard on him.

My general impression of the male Northern Cardinal is that they prefer to look dignified.
Don't we all.

***

Took my car in early this a.m.
My mechanic of 12 years, had given me a head's up that I needed brakes and transmission fluid flush, neither were emergent, but just to let me plan ahead.
I decided to get both done while I'm not driving.
He agreed to send me home in a loaner.
Devious to send me out in a nice loaner... 
it was fun to a drive a newer car with all the bells and whistles.  
Push button start, electric everything, rear view camera, wow.  Fun.
But I love my 2009 Vibe, all 160,000 miles and no car payment and low insurance.
But I did enjoy the 10 miles I drove in the fancy,spendy car today.

A few new birds around, hoping to see Bluebirds soon.
I'm almost ready to put the Oriole feeder up too.


I sent out a few masks to friends and family.
One happy customer in Colorado

Zoom  & Bridge again today.
Really fun, starting to be some new hairstyles crop up too.


Be Safe
Stay Well

Forward

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails