Saturday, April 11, 2020

Day 30 of Corona Virus Safer At Home

It's not really quarantine, it's not really lock down, it's not really shelter in place.
And I'm glad of that.
It is just the best idea, stay home, stay safe.
~~~
I'm done with my Dr. appointments now. I did like the video version. The cost of prescriptions is so mind-boggling and nonsensical.
What am I missing? My GP gave me a prescription for some antibiotic cream for my Rosacea. I do not have any drug coverage, so I pay retail prices. (Well I have a drug plan but it doesn't pay anything until I hit a certain out of pocket.) Anyway, this tube of antibiotic gel, it's like a medium tube of toothpaste, cost me $120. Wow!
Then the Cardiologist prescribed what he called a rescue drug. It's a pill that I would take if I feel my heart rate starting to ramp up, and within an hour I will know if I need to go to the hospital or not. (He said most of the time this pill will settle your heart back down.) He only prescribed five pills. So I'm thinking these babies are going to be pricey. Laila and I were talking about it and we both figured each pill would be between 40 and $100 each. But when I went to Walgreens to pick them up, those pills were $4 for the five of them. So darn goofy, a pill that practically saves your life is cheap, and ointment to help you help acne is sky high. Makes me crazy. I'm hoping, that in my lifetime, this craziness will be controlled.Stepping off my soapbox now.
***


I'm at layout stage.  Yippee.



I did find an old vinyl tablecloth and it is working great for a design wall. 
I might never take it down 😁

I'm happy with this design, so now I'll start the short/vertical sashing work.
It is fun to see it coming together, better than just a stack of squares.
I hopped on Amazon and ordered a larger tablecloth, and I am going to put some semi permanent hooks up, so that this is easy to put up when I need it.
***
I checked on the Peonies & Daylily again today.







Doesn't look like much now, but man these are beauties when they bloom.

I have been thinking about all the lasting effects of this Safer At Home activity.
Mother Earth might be thinking we are giving her the best Earth Day present ever!
I know many folks are going to suffer disastrous financial ruin.
Some families are getting to know each other for the first time ever.  Especially families with a gap in years from oldest to youngest, now they are all home together, a priceless gift (in the long run).
Our friends in the forest are likely enjoying having the forest back.
Fawn season is soon approaching, maybe this year we won't have all that terrible road kill.
That could mean a bump in the deer population, I'm guessing.
With less road kill, what will the Eagles and other scavengers eat?
It is a winding road, the ripple effects of the virus will not be known for many moons.

Be Safe
Be Well


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails