Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter Sunday Afternoon


Easter Sunday afternoon, about 4pm, I was just finishing up a Zoom session with friends to play on-line Bridge when I saw movement out the front window, and looked up just in time to see a Mourning Dove trying to escape the pursuit of a Hawk. Both birds bounced off the glass and then the chase continued on. I quickly got to the window to see if the Dove escaped and I know it did, because I caught some photos of the still-hungry Cooper's Hawk. 


 (Little bit blurry, snowing, through the window, every excited photographer)




This is only the 2nd or 3rd Hawk I have ever seen out my front window. I'm not very pleased that he thinks my song birds are dinner, but I was very excited to see this beautiful bird so close by. And in this case, the Dove survives to live another day.

Be Safe
Be Well

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails