Saturday, April 18, 2020

37 day of Safer at Home

So much controversy about starting the economy or staying the course.  
I'm happy to stay home for the next 40 days to be safe, but the conflicting messages from those in elected positions is not good.  
When the President tweets "Liberate Minnesota" 
that makes it difficult for the Governor to maintain a safe environment for Minnesotans.   
Good grief.
Someone posted on Facebook... 
"re opening the economy now, 
is like not finishing your Rx of antibiotics 
because you feel a little better"

The Sheriff in the adjoining county to the North posted a disturbing comment on his Facebook page on Thursday or Friday.  He has since taken it down, but through the magic of Screenshot, it lives on.
When the officials elected to serve and protect the citizens says something like this, it is worth noticing.  I hope the voters in his county make sure they remember when it is ballot time.
The Sheriff position is a weird deal, he only reports to the citizens who elected him.
Why this is an elected position is a mystery to me, you would think it would be a hired position based on skill, ability and experience.
Hopefully this guy gets un-elected soon.

***

I have been sewing.
Made a mask today that is a good pattern, fits well, easy to make.
So, now I'm on to making masks for a day or so.

I don't have much elastic, but I had several old, old packages of bias binding that had been in Florence's sewing supplies, (Sister in Law Lois's Mom).  I was never going to use those, so pulled them out to make ties for the masks with.


Now I can make masks like crazy and it used up some of Florence's stash.

***
The chair that I sit on at the sewing machine wasn't tall enough, it's an office chair that I've had for many many years, moved it here from Colorado and it would raise up, but up as soon as I sat on it, would go right back down to its lowest position.   So I was sitting on top of two lawn chair cushions to try to get up high enough. 
I finally got sick of that and I ordered a new chair from Kohl's, it came today, and it goes up so high that I can easily sit and sew so much more comfortably now. 
And the assembly was easy.  



Fancy.  Yay Me!

My insurance company Security Health called the other day and offered a series of 5 self help sessions over the phone, each session about 4 minutes long.
If I would do the first one, I would get a $10 gift card to Amazon, if I finish all 5, I get another $15 gift card.  So, I did the first and I have enjoyed the next 2 as well.


The topics have been around self worth and I have found them to be interesting.
***
One thing that was really nice this week was the receipt of a thankyou note from Kellan.
I had donated to his Jump Rope for the American Heart Association.
I love thank you notes in the mail, and this one was unexpected.

Today I got lucky and snapped a photo of my Cardinal pair.
It is rare that they are this close together for long enough but I got a quick snap in.



Stay Safe.
Be Well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails