Monday, April 13, 2020

32 days of house arrest and thriving

I'm all good here.
+++
"People who contract corona-virus in the US are at greater risk than those in the UK or Canada due to America not having a national health service."
+++
Today, I started out planning to finish a quilt I started but there was a glitch with the instructional video, so instead, I rode the exercise bike, something I am trying to work into my routine as a habit.  Started watching a series on Amazon while I ride, it's called Tales from the Loop 2020.  It's caught my interest, so that's more motivation to ride and watch.

Grackles, some people hate the, I think they are stunning with that yellow eye.
When they are calling, maybe for a date, they puff up real big and then let it rip.


 They remind me of Heckle and Jeckle although, H & J were supposedly "yellow-billed magpies," 

***
I heard that the stimulus checks are coming soon.  I've been thinking that over and decided since my income has not been impacted by Covid-19, I would donate a portion of it. In the past, I have donated small amounts through www.donorschoose.org.  This is an organization that facilitates requests by teachers for purchase of needed items.  You can give $5 or the sky is the limit.  Sometimes there are requests in schools close to home, but today I picked out 5 projects to fund.  I only chose projects that were close to being fully funded.  It was fun to click the FULLY FUND button 6 times. 
Here are some of the projects:

        1. Small rug for elementary classroom group instruction
        2. White board table for math work
        3. Odds & Ends needs, like cool gel pens, art supplies, sticky notes
        4. Mobile dry erase board for use in distance instruction
        5. Comfortable headphones that can be used year over year
        6. Recycle bins for every classroom as student council project
 I am so grateful to be able to help.

A squirrel was making his way to the bird feeder this morning,
he had to plow some snow along the way.

I also got some reading done today.  This book was reviewed on some webpage I read.  The story is in the voice of a young man with autism.  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is so different from any book I have read before.  I'm looking forward to time to read later tonight.

And in other news, with all the conversation in Washington about the USPS, I learned today that I can order stamps on line.  Got that done today.
I cannot imagine a world without the Post Office.
Since we started staying home, I've been writing notes and letters like mad.
And I have received a few cards and letters, everyone loves getting mail.
How about we NOT rescue some big businesses, cruise lines, airlines, etc! 
Okay, enough soap box.


All is good, be well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails