Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Covid Day 40

The most important thing I did today was that I voted.
I mailed my absentee ballot in.

Besides that, I vacuumed the house and washed all the floors, 
then I pretty much took the rest of the day off.

I sewed on the face masks too, 
finished up a few and will finish the rest tomorrow.
 One of my fabric scraps has an Earth Day theme.  I wish I had more of that fabric.


My big brainstorm today was to make an appointment for my car.  Last time it was serviced they suggested a couple of more time consuming & pricey repairs that were going to be needed soon.  So, since I'm not going anywhere, I figured I might as well have the work done now; maybe my repair shop needs the business now and since I'm saving money on gas, etc, let's do it.

The long arm quilter sent me a sample of fabric she thinks would be good for the backing on my Corona Quilt.  I loved it.  She will seam it for me, and then do the usual long arm job of adding batting and stitching the whole works with a decorative stitch.  She will also trim the edges.  When I get it back, it will be ready for binding.

Yesterday I had fun making some Pocket Quilts.
These will be fun little gifts and I am already excited to make more.
***
I guess 40 days is more than most people can take of the quarantine.
Many folks are stating that this is violating their rights.
They are demanding the state to open.
I am not on their side.
If business resumes in a measured process, using science to guide decisions, 
I'm okay with a few things starting up.
But we still only have testing for very sick people, 
so I just have to assume that there is still a lot of virus being transported around.
I'm not accepting any visitors.
And I'm planning to self quarantine as much as possible until Fall.
But that's just me.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails