Tuesday, April 14, 2020

33 days, home alone

Woke up to snow this morning, big fluffy flakes.  Very Pretty.
Then some sun, then some more snow, but chilly all day.
Not a bad day to be in the house actually.


Worked on my quilt again today.
I am in the part of the quilt that is on the tedious side.  
Sewing long strips of fabric together to be used for borders. 

The pattern calls for separating the fabrics by value, not color.  
This is easier said than done for me, I kept getting distracted by the color.
So, I did a sort and then took a photo.

First sort, looks pretty good.













Then I edited to black and white. 
First sort, Black and White.
Now I could see the one darker strip was in the wrong pile.
Final Sort 
Final sort, black and white
Now I can see the light / medium / dark values are good.

I worked as long as I wanted today, maybe a little longer than I really wanted,  and left the project with the border strips sewn together.
Tomorrow, I sew them on the quilt and learn how to miter the corners on the border.


Had a cute new visitor to the feeder today.
Not sure who this guy is yet, still working on an ID, sure is cute though.

I got a letter and gift in the mail today from friends Terry and Janet Walmer in Colorado.
Terry and I worked together for many years at Coors.
I just love this little banner of bird flags.


The artist, Merry Cox, lives in Salida, CO.
These are the sweetest images.
Messengers of Joy and Goodwill.


I really love her message card that was in with the banner.


 What are you in awe of?  Love it.


Joy and Goodwill.
I feel very honored to have received this lovely gift.

Life is good. 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails