Thursday, April 16, 2020

35 and a re-up

I know that this blog is not riveting non-fiction by any stretch of the imagination.  My intent is mostly to document my life under Covid-19 Safer at Home days.

So, this is day 35.
 Today our Governor Evers issued notice that Wisconsin would remain under Stay-At-Home order until at least May 26, after the Memorial Day weekend, another 40 days.  
I want our leadership to make decisions based on saving human life and health, but I also understand the pressure that this extension puts on the financial status of small businesses, families, and friends.  For me, it is easy duty. 
My pension and social security keep coming.  
I like being at home, 
I tend to love being lazy and this order suits me fine.
  
What I don't want, is to get sick.  I'm worried that the more folks ignore this order, which by the measure of Facebook, sounds like there will be folks who have had enough and are going to charge out into the world, the more virus will be carried around without anyone really knowing it.  And then who will it get.  One of my family? or a friend? or me?  Well, it remains to be seen how Wisconsin holds up to the next 6 weeks.  
I will be home, with the exception of essential trips to the store.  
In fact, I have already decided that I will refrain from any group events until at least Fall.  
Safety first.  
I can make up for lost time with friends and family on down the road.
***

Today I finished my Corona Quilt.
The pattern is called "I didn't do it".
I enjoyed the mitered borders, like how they look and that will probably be my standard for most quilts from now on.





For my first mitered border, I'm pleased.
I was in misery sewing those long strips of border together.
But thinking how it usually goes with multiple borders, I would have been muscling around the entire quilt top with each edge, this way, it was easy sewing and only one round with the whole quilt on the sewing table.

A new gadget I bought from a local quilt shop, trying to buy a few things from my favorite shops just to keep supporting them.  This one is a gem.
A spool for binding.
I got the binding all ready for this Corona Quilt, rolled it up on the spool and now it will be ready to go when the quilt comes back from the long-armer.
I have not decided where this little baby is going once it is finished.
But I'm noodling on it.


I just wrapped a piece of scotch tape across the end and it's all set.

My other little project today was to hang a larger felt backed plastic table cloth up on the wall for a design wall.  I got fancy, put grommets in the top and then tried to reach as high as I could to hang it on nails.  My design was flawed, it doesn't hang exactly straight, but I will remedy that before my next big project.  For now, it will be handy.
Good enuff.

Facebook is full of ads....oh really you say?  Maybe that's why it is free?
Of course, anyway, these smart ads pick up on things you click on and then personalize.
Recently I saw an ad over and over again for this green chili sauce out of New Mexico.
I finally gave in and ordered a jar of medium and a jar of hot and a shaker of green chili powder.
Well, it came to day, and it is delicious!
I often get craving that green chili flavor and now I have it right in the fridge.
I'll be a repeater with this outfit, thanks Facebook Ads.

***
I finished my book this afternoon.
It was called The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
The author Mark Haddon was born in Northampton, England in 1962 and studied English at Merton College, Oxford. He became a carer for disabled people in Scotland after university, an experience which would inform his later work. His first writing work was as a children's author and illustrator.
This story has a narrator who is a savant with autism.
He tells the story from his viewpoint which I found to be very powerful.
I also found incite into my tutor-ee's view of the world as he also has autism, although not nearly to the degree of the narrator of this story.
I liked it, 4 out of 5 
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Husband and wife co-authors, Rosamund and Benjamin Zander, on optimism:

"People who describe the glass as half full are not delusional optimists. In fact, they are more based in reality because they are describing a substance that is actually in the glass. They are describing reality as it is. The cynic who describes the glass as half empty is focusing their energy on something that is not actually there."


Breathe in....
Breathe out....
Repeat....


Be Well.

Oh yeah, and I washed my toilette squares today.
I've become so used to not having TP, I forget to look for it in the store.
I might never go back, I know my septic tank is happier.

I know, TMI.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails