Sunday, October 11, 2015

It's all about the jazz

See what I did there?
The Chippewa Valley Jazz Orchestra opened their 2015-2016 season on Friday night with a wonderful show.  Their guest headliner was Keith Karns
a UWEC alumn who plays the trumpet like an angel.
 The students that performed had also spent time with Keith during the prior week.
The mission of the CVJO is to promote jazz music education and appreciation throughout western Wisconsin by providing educational jazz experiences in a community big band setting.
It must have been quite exciting for these high schoolers to not only learn from Keith, but to also play along side him during the evening's performance.

To say I enjoyed the music would be a great understatement.

Carol & Peter Kramer were my concert mates, 
we enjoyed a few cocktails & a delicious meal before the show
 at Houligan's in Eau Claire on Barstow Street.

It always makes me smile to be in downtown Eau Claire, to see how much has changed since my year at the University many years ago and to see how much construction is now in progress to make the downtown area even more vibrant.

I have to say the State Theater is my favorite spot and I have already bought my tickets for the remainder of the CVJO season (as well as a few other shows), I'll post my reviews as we go along.
But this time it was all about the jazz.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails