Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 81, Safer at Home

For 5 nights in a row I have had to run a big Raccoon off the front deck.  He comes to snack on the bird seed.  So far, he leaves the bird feeders alone, but I don't trust him.  And so far, he leaves when I go to shout at him to 'get back in the woods'.  I'm sure he won't give up.

It has been a disturbing week of sad news.  
On top of the worst Pandemic since the early 1900s, 
terrible economic decline due to the Pandemic, 
the killing of a black man by police in Minneapolis and the violence that followed, 
today I heard the sad news of a young friend who has entered into hospice care.  
Wow, I am tired.

One good thing today is the blooming of the yellow Peonies in the backyard.
Here are a few photos of those beauties.
I used my Pentax, it does such a better job on flower photography than my Nikon.  It is probably operator related, but I do love how my Pentax captures the colors.







 Happily there are more buds on this bush.  I think it is supposed to storm tomorrow night,
this delicate bloom won't hold up to that.

Peace.

Fewer Covid cases reported today, but it was the weekend.
Wisconsin
Confirmed
18,543
+173
Recovered
11,646
Deaths
595
+4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails