Monday, June 22, 2020

Day 102

I checked the trail cam, I think this might be the night visitor who chomped the yellow flowers.
 Heading for the flower bed.




Pretty little boy.

So, continuing my unlearning of some history and learning a lot of new black history as part of my desire to be more anti-racist.  Last night I watched Freedom Summer.
I'm so impressed with all the young people who went to Mississippi during Freedom Summer. This documentary was full of history that I missed, partly because I was a young teen, but mostly because we didn't study the contemporary history after this happened. Black lives matter.

✅Documentary on Netflix called 13th
✅The movie I Am Not Your Negroe
✅The movie Selma
The Central Park Five by Ken Burns
Documentary of the accusation and false imprisonment of 5 boys in New York.
When They See Us on Netflix
The story of the Central Park five as a movie.
 A special report hosted by Alison Stewart.  It was a very interesting selection of interviews and worth viewing for sure.  I have also subscribed to Alison Stewart's podcast, "Need to Know".
✅Round table discussion on Zoom with other Barron County Democrats
This is a documentary that is revealing and includes history that is new to me.  The systemic racism is all about power and from the very roots of our country, there has been a baked in thought that blacks are inferior and that whites being superior was good for all.  This was designed into our government and the law, and made law enforcement dependent on white supremacy.
The day that the slaves in Texas learned of the Emancipation Proclamation that had been signed 2 years before now celebrated across our country.
It was amazing, touching, sad, happy, and inspirational.

The chipmunk probably planted these sunflowers in two of my big pots.
It's fine with me since I didn't buy any bedding plants this year due to Covid.


I did plant some Morning Glory seeds in my hanging baskets.

 They are coming along.

Cleaned the freezer today, 
it was almost empty so a perfect time to completely empty and wash the bin.
Took the car in to fix a very small leak in the transmission fluid, a leaking gasket from some work I had done about 3 weeks ago.
Now it leaks worse, so, I think they unfixed it.
I guess I'll get to go back.

I picked up 2 more buckets of fresh Strawberries from the seller in the all parking lot.
I'm loving the berries!
Eating seasonal is such a treat.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails