Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Day 96

The weather is warming up, I think we will have summer now.

Okay, back to Black Lives Matter and doing better.
I'm continuing to update my list of readings/movies/tv/discussions.

✅Documentary on Netflix called 13th
✅The movie I Am Not Your Negroe
✅The movie Selma
The Central Park Five by Ken Burns
When They See Us on Netflix
America in Black and Blue: PBS Newshour Weekend Special Report
✅Round table discussion on Zoom with other Barron County Democrats


What I'm not getting so far, is how do I handle conversations with family and friends where racism needs to be called out.  How do I manage a conversation to maintain the relationship and also to challenge the language or thinking?  I have more work to do.

The Covid-19 statistics seem to be going in a better direction with few new confirmed positives than previous weeks.  I am thankful.

Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
22,932
+174
Recovered
16,837
Deaths
694
+2
United States
Confirmed
2.18M
+18,307
Recovered
678K
Deaths
119K
+384
Worldwide
Confirmed
7.94M
+133K
Recovered
-
Deaths
435K
+3,911

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails