Friday, June 5, 2020

Day 85 and counting

Summer has come to Wisconsin.
Temperatures in the 80's and the lows at night dropping only into the 50s.
Plants are going to grow well now.

Since I'm not going to any greenhouses this year, I planted Morning Glory seeds in my hanging pots.
We will have vines and hopefully, we will have flowers too.

Yesterday was graduation from Kingergarten for Jude.
Here he is with his celebration sign, all ready for First Grade next year!


One of my newest peonies bloomed today.
I planted 3 roots last fall, this one is called Tango.
It's a beauty, very, very short stems.





Out front another variety has bloomed.
These pink beauties are called Nice Gal.





Also from Fina Gardens, these Siberian Iris are blooming in the ditch projecdt.


I noticed a little bit of Tickseed is blooming in the front shade garden.

 The big news today was a package from pal Roche in Colorado.
She sent 4 jars of 505 Green Chili!
This is the best green chili you can get if you don't want to make fresh.
I am so excited to have it and already am planning how to ration it out
She used 2 rolls of TP for packing, also a welcome gift!


I'm waiting until the store gets less busy to run and get some tortillas and chips so I can have this tasty treat for my supper, with a cold beverage, of course.
Yummy.

Last night I did not get a single alert on my Scanner App about protests.  I'm not sure why not, if it was all peaceful, if folks stayed home because of rain?
Time will tell.

Peace

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails