Wednesday, June 10, 2020

90

This is the 90th day of Safer at Home.
It seems hard to believe that it has been that long.

Very little to report today.
The A/C repairman ordered a new fan for the condenser, he thought it should be here tomorrow.  In the meantime, the front that rolled through dropped the temps into the high 60s.  I might need the fireplace before I need the A/C.  Crazy.

My niece Michelle had major surgery today as part of her cancer treatment.  The report is that all went well and if she does okay, maybe can go home tomorrow.  We are hoping for the very best recovery.

I got my new Fitbit knock off today.  So far so good.

A few photos from my backyard yesterday.
The wild Aster daisies are open now.



 When I was walking around the back yard yesterday with my camera, I happened to notice this green inchworm pulling himself up from about 3 feet off the ground to where his thread was anchored about 16 feet in the air. Nature is pretty amazing when you have time to notice, 
and I have time.
He had a long ways to go when I left him to his work.



INCHWORM

Inching, inching, slowly inching;
Inchworm loopingly inching along.
Measuring, measuring, carefully measuring;
Careful to measure no measurement wrong.
Front-end reachingly seeking a hold.
Reaching, reaching, slowly reaching;
Following, following, other-end following;
Follow the leader unerringly bold.
How many inches have you inched today?
Onward, onward--ever onward; Inchworm tirelessly inching away.
Answer me, answer me, measure worm, answer me,

Copyright ©  | Year Posted 2005


It was fascinating to see.




My new peony is showing its pink.
The last of the Tango flowers for this year.
The White Imp peony is close to opening.
The  last of the yellow Peony flowers.
I might have to add another root or two of these beauties this fall.

Carry on, be safe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails