Sunday, June 7, 2020

87 days of Safer at Home

87 days of Safer at Home and still no toilet paper available from Amazon.
The supply chain sure did get broken during the pandemic.

 I enjoyed some time on the deck reading today, but then that prompted me to get busy with the weedwhacker, so I did some cleanup in the yard.  My lawn guy doesn't usually do that part, but I don't mind anyway, that way my flowers don't get whacked by mistake.

 They all open at once, what a show.

 This one is called Crinkled White.
 The cheddar yellow centers make for a very pretty flower.






My friend Carol gave me some Iris a few years ago when she was splittng hers.
Such a pretty Gold color, different from the other yellow. 






The Hops has reached the top of the pergola.
A good year so far for the hops, plenty of rain.


The positive percentage of Covid-19 testing is down, in the 2.5% range, so that is good.

Continuing on my commitment to learn more about the systemic racism in our country, today I watched a documentary on Netflix called 13th.
It is available on YouTube just click the link above.
"Combining archival footage with testimony from activists and scholars, director Ava DuVernay's examination of the U.S. prison system looks at how the country's history of racial inequality drives the high rate of incarceration in America."
I am not proud of my country and the politicians who have enacted legislation targeting people of color. Some of those people I voted for. Some of those programs I believed to be in our best interest.
I recommend 13th, see the link above.

Be well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails