Saturday, June 6, 2020

Day 86, Safer at Home

Saturday.
Played Zoom Bridge, did a little laundry.
Looked around the yard a bit.

The first White Peony is almost open.  
This one is called Krinkled White.  
It's a stunner with it's cheddar center.
I'll get another photo tomorrow.

There are many white buds getting ready.
There is a forecast of storms for Tuesday, if it looks too dicey, I'll be cutting some of these stems and bringing them into the house to finish their blooming.

Tango has 2 open blooms now.
The stems are only about 10" long, this variety likes to hug the landscape.

I'm really anxious for this hop vine to be more robust.
Tomorrow I'll feed it a gallon of MiracleGro to give it a boost.


 The front door Danish Garden is really pretty right now.
Hops on the left, grapes on the right.


 Spirea, really healthy this year.
I think I called this Bridal Wreath when I was a kid. In my memory there was a bush like this by the front of our neighbor's house, Martha & Vagner, 
and I always loved it and that's why I planted it in my yard here.
I remembering picking bridal bouquets for my Barbie dolls.



My neighbor mows my grass and he showed up today, 
so I thought I'd add a couple of snaps of the backyard.  
It is so green and lush this year.

I hid the blue spruce with my composition of this photo, not on purpose.

This is my backyard eyesore.
I hired a few trees taken down about 3 years ago, asked the workers to leave the logs for one of the relatives to cut up and use for firewood.
But then things changed, jobs changed, and that never happened
I have promises from other relatives to come and chop the logs up into movable chunks, but then people get sick, or get injured, or chain saws break.
So, here we have some logs too big for me to move, 
but eventually someone will come with a chainsaw and then I will rejoice to have this job finished.
 And so it goes.

The Covid numbers seem to be on the descent.
Yay
***
So, back to my commitment to learn more about the systemic racism that exists in our country 
and around the world.
Today I watched the movie Just Mercy
The acting was amazing; the story-line was very intense and disturbing.
Lots to think about.
 I recommend the movie for entertainment, 
but I think it is so much more than just entertainment.  
It's a window on a world that many of us have no clue about.
And we should know about the lives of the folks in that movie.
Many marchers across the world today, it is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails