Sunday, June 14, 2020

94 days of Safer at Home

Beautiful Wisconsin day, sunny, breezy, low 70s for temps.

Continuing on my commitment to learn more about the systemic racism in our country, I'm keeping a list of my journey as I learn the history that leads us to now.  Last night I watched the documentary by Ken Burns about The Central Park Five.  Every one of these films makes me wish I had been more active in the civil rights work that many have carried on over the years.  I also know that I have remained silent when I should have spoken up to challenge racist language.  I can do better.

Documentary on Netflix called 13th
✅The movie I Am Not Your Negroe
✅The movie Selma
The Central Park Five by Ken Burns

Tonight I am going to watch the Netflix version of The Central Park Five story called When They See Us.

🎞🎞🎞

This new Peony called Little Imp sure is a beauty.  
I will be adding a few more roots of this variety in the fall.




I love this other new peony too, this one is called Sweetie.
Even prettier today than yesterday.


It is a good year for Iris here, the purple ones caugh my eye at the edge of the yard.


🏡🏡🏡
I've had a few friends ask how long I am going to self quarantine.
I look at it this way, I have 94 days invested in my health and that has paid off.
I'm not sure what it will take for me to want to risk that investment, 
but I am sure it will have to be something very important with very low risk.
In the meantime, I am Safer at Home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails