Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Day 83, Safer at Home

Another nice day, warm, but the dew point was much better than yesterday.

Our Zoom Bridge was delayed until evening, so that gave me the whole day to do not much of anything.  I did make a trip to KwikTrip for salads, milk and more free ice cream.  I talked to Laila, she is busy settling into her new digs.  
I'm excited for her to have a much less stressful living arrangement. 

I checked out the Siberian Iris that friend Carolyne gave me about 3 years ago.  I planted those out by the road, surrounding a tree stump.  This year they are beautiful!  I can't see them from the house.
The folks driving by can see them, if they look.




Several yellow Iris popped open this morning too.


The 2 yellow Peony blooms are wide open and I just had to take one more photo before they go.



****
I saw a comedienne interviewed on Jimmy Fallon last night, she suggested this book
"So You Want To Talk About Race" by Ljeoma Oluo, so I downloaded it to my Kindle.
I also read some ideas about having non confrontational discussions about race with friends and family.  Good tips and something to think about.
The protests go on.
The other 3 former policeman are now charged & in custody.

President Obama spoke today, my main take away was how important it is to vote in your local elections.  The County Boards, the local judges, Mayors, etc all help determine how your local government runs.  The National elections are important, but to have the greatest impact on your own life, vote the local stuff.
It goes with one of my guiding principals that I have followed for years for charitable giving,
Think Globally, Act Locally.

***
The Pandemic is not over, but the testing results are encouraging.

Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
19,400
+374
Recovered
12,610
Deaths
616
+12
United States
Confirmed
1.89M
+20,073
Recovered
426K
Deaths
109K
+1,039
Worldwide
Confirmed
6.29M
+137K
Recovered
-
Deaths
380K
+5,154


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails