Wednesday, June 17, 2020

97 Days of Safer at Home

The strawberries are ripe.
Lindy's is a berry company that sells pre-picked fruit in the parking lot of the RL mall.  I knew the berries were $18/bucket, so when I was writing my check, I wrote it for $36, I was lucky enough to get 2 buckets, but there were only a few more buckets left after I got mine.
I have already had 3 bowls of berries, they are so good.  
I'm anxious to eat these 2 buckets so I can get 2 more, ha!






Okay, back to Black Lives Matter and doing better.
I'm continuing to update my list of readings/movies/tv/discussions.
Color is not crime.

Tonight I am watching a movie called The Uncomfortable Truth. This is a documentary that is revealing and includes history that is new to me.  The systemic racism is all about power and from the very roots of our country, there has been a baked in thought that blacks are inferior and that whites being superior was good for all.  This was designed into our government and the law, and made law enforcement dependent on white supremacy.
I guess it is no wonder we are protesting in the streets.
The story teller in this movie wore a shirt that said "E rac ism"
1) (Ē-rā-siz-əm) n. - The removal from existence of the belief that one race is superior to another.
2) An organization that is committed to putting an end to racism.
3) A line of T-shirts that all have the word, "eracismprinted on them, along with pro-acceptance phrases such as, "There is only one race, and it's human. Everything else is just culture," and "Freedom' comes with an educated mind."


✅Documentary on Netflix called 13th
✅The movie I Am Not Your Negroe
✅The movie Selma
The Central Park Five by Ken Burns
When They See Us on Netflix
✅Round table discussion on Zoom with other Barron County Democrats


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails