Thursday, June 4, 2020

84 days, 2.71 Months Safer at Home

A couple of years ago, I got a plant from my Master Gardener friend Carolyne, I've always had it in my head she called it a Century Plant.  It had buds last year, but the buds rotted off.  
This year, it has a lovely flower, with a couple more buds that look promising.
After consulting the Facebook panel of experts and Wikipedia, I think I have identified it as 

Centaurea dealbata




I also wanted to post a photo of this little Sandwort plant.
I picked this up last year too, I plunked it in the Danish Garden in the when the
Spring flowers were all done.  Now it is being shaded by the many Lupines in the garden.

From one or two Lupine have come a garden full.


Last night the Raccoon was on the front deck again, the seeds were gone so he started reaching for a bird feeder when I saw him.

I don't appreciate him.
In this photo he's after the bird bath, to clean up I suppose.
Maybe he's worried about washing his hands, he does wear a mask.

***
Quiet day here, I took a nap and read.
I happened to catch this Red Bellied Woodpecker busy at the hummingbird feeder.
That feeder is not designed for this big bird's ergonomic needs.
He made it work.

There was an increase in positive Covid-19 cases today.
Memorial Day? Opening some businesses?  Who knows.
But I will continue to self quarantine.
Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
19,892
+483
Recovered
12,930
Deaths
626
+9
United States
Confirmed
1.91M
+19,699
Recovered
437K
Deaths
110K
+1,004
Worldwide
Confirmed
6.42M
+93,238
Recovered
-
Deaths
383K
+3,621

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails