Sunday, May 31, 2020

80 days of Safer at Home

When I started blogging everyday about Safer At Home, in my wildest dreams I did not expect to do it for 80 days!  But now that I've started, I want to try to keep going.  It's not really for anyone else to read, but for myself to document a little bit about my life during this pandemic.

Sunday today, I played the Zoom bridge with Roche, LeAnna and Amy.  It's always a fun 2 hours of playing cards & chit chat.

My lawn got mowed today, I'm so lucky to have Jim from just down the street as my lawn guy.  We have had enough rain that he has been busy keeping up.  Everything is crazy green.

A few more photos of what is growing around here.

I've tried many times to grow Bleeding Heart.  
Many of my friends say that they can't kill it and that theirs get huge.  
Mine is alive, with one little bloom, I'm grateful.

 The flower bed by the front door is my Danish Garden, 
not much Danish about it but it is a jungle of pretty.

The High Bush Cranberry is in bloom.
I have several of these bushes around my property, 
but the little one between the house and garage is my favorite.


Ruby Stoklasa sold me this old ladder about 3 years ago for $3.
It was one of the first ladders her husband Ray owned, 
an extension ladder but the extension got driven over by a truck years ago.
For me, it is a Hops trellis.

These early peonies are almost done already.
They flash so fast, I barely got to enjoy them.


About 3 years ago, I bought some Iris at a sale at Coors friend Ann's farm in Pine Island, MN.
These were dug out of her yard, and I planted them around the post for the stop sign that is on the corner of my property.  They didn't bloom for a couple of years, but this year, they are lovely.

Woodland Phlox is a tall plant that thrives in the shade at the Winter Greenhouse.
I'm happy that mine is living, if not thriving, yet.

 The bloom of this Yellow Peony is imminent.
I think tomorrow we will have a flower.
One of the most beautiful peonies I have ever seen.

Look for the helpers.
Be Safe,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails