Monday, May 11, 2020

60 days of self isolation

The mail-woman brought back my quilt today.
It was exciting to see it as I had asked the quilter to pick out the backing, the stitch pattern and the thread color.  
It turned out perfect.  
I love it.





Now I just have to sew a binding on the quilt and send it off to it's new owner.
***
Last fall I planted 3 new peony bushes right outside my bedroom window.
Today I confirmed that all 3 have lived and are up.
If I remember correctly, 1 is white, 1 is pink and 1 is deep red.


I was getting nervous about the last one, but there is clearly (not too clearly in this photo) a sprout pushing through the dirt.  Yippee.
I love peonies, it will be really nice to have them right outside the bedroom window where I will see them every morning.
***

I checked the trail cam this afternoon.
I saw a few photos of rabbits, photos of the home inspector that came from the bank today, and this guy.  I figured the raccoons were out, but so far they have not really messed with my bird feeders, yet.

***
This morning a little Hummingbird came looking for a drink of juice.
It drank, rested in the trees, and went back and forth several times.
It was really fun to watch.
I don't usually get that many Hummingbirds, so it was a special treat to see this one.
***

Today, our Governor announced the next stage of Badger Bounce Back.Gov. Tony Evers on Monday allowed nearly all nonessential retail stores to reopen as long as they serve no more than five customers at a time, partially lifting the restriction that has kept them closed for weeks to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

I am not changing my routines yet.

Covid-19 Tracker, Cases Overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
9,215
+280
Recovered
-
Deaths
374
+2
United States
Confirmed
1.38M
+20,377
Recovered
219K
Deaths
81,289
+941
Worldwide
Confirmed
4.17M
+61,554
Recovered
1.45M
Deaths
285K
+8,499

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails