Saturday, May 2, 2020

Day 51 of Self Quarantine

  • Antietam, bloodiest day of Civil War: 2,100 Americans dead. 
  • Battle of the Bulge, the bloodiest single battle the US fought in WWII: 19,000 Americans dead. 
  • Vietnam War: 58,000 Americans dead. 
  • September 11: 2,977 Americans dead.
  • Coronavirus 2020: 65,000 Americans dead… so far.
The statistics are shocking yet the country is not mourning those that were lost like after 9/11, but rather armed citizens (?)  at Capitol buildings in several states are protesting and demanding re-opening of the economy.  There is no half staff flag flown to mourn the victims of this virus.  The financial help promised is coming slowly to those in most need and there are many reports of deep pocket companies cashing in on the stimulus monies.  At the Whitehouse, those who disagree or shed a light on any weaknesses in the response, are replaced with those who toe the line.  It is hard to keep thinking we will come out of this with much left to our democracy and what we have come to know as a way of life.  I know that I will continue to vote every chance I get to make changes in the leadership at both the local and national levels.  The beat goes on...
***
It is opening fishing day in Wisconsin.  Some years there is still ice on the lake, but this year we have 71° and sun AND wind.  It has been very windy all afternoon, I'm sure there are white caps on even the smallest of lakes.  I am guessing after 50 days of staying at home, there will be a bounty of sunburns today.

Instead of walleyes, I worked on Wallets.  The zippers are fussy.  But once they are done, it is easy to finish up.  I can see a couple of errors at this stage, 
but later on, they are not so obvious.


 The credit card slots are ready to go.
  Tada...the finished wallets.
I'm pleased, colorful and very practical.
 The outside is a cork fabric that I love sewing with and makes for a stylish wallet.
Once the glue dries, these will be ready to gift wrap.
I'm hoping to get more graduations gifts knocked out tomorrow.
The days go by quickly when I'm working on a project like this and then I had a 2 hours Zoom meeting to play Bridge.  
Busy Busy.
My Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails