Friday, May 1, 2020

50 days at home

According to Wikipedia:
The black squirrel occurs as a melanistic subgroup of both the eastern gray squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) and the fox squirrel (S. niger).[1] Their habitat extends throughout the Midwestern United States, in some areas of the Northeastern United StatesCanada and also in the United Kingdom. The overall population of black squirrels is small when compared to that of the grey squirrel.

As a rare mutation of both the eastern gray and fox squirrel, individual black squirrels can exist wherever gray or fox squirrels live. Among eastern squirrels, gray mating pairs cannot produce black offspring. Gray squirrels have two copies of a normal pigment gene and black squirrels have either one or two copies of a mutant pigment gene. If a black squirrel has two copies of the mutant gene it will be jet black. If it has one copy of a mutant gene and one normal gene it will be brown-black.[2] In areas with high concentrations of black squirrels, litters of mixed-color individuals are common


I think this is a juvenile black squirrel.  He followed Mom around and looked very tentative.  He's very cute.  I get excited to see Black Squirrels, and I'm happy to have one in the yard.  A few years ago I had a couple, so I guess it is the whole mutant gene thing.  I've had a few that looked a little sootie, so maybe they were the ones with one normal gene.
Anyway, May 1st, 2020, 
50 days of Covid-19 Safer At Home
and here came a black squirrel to brighten my day.  
Yay.

I started working on the Diva Wallets today.  I need 1 but decided to make 2 since it is a little complex and easier to do 2 side by side.


Tomorrow I will tackle the zipper compartment, 
from there they go together really easily.
These are going to be very colorful and pretty.

Played the Zoom Bridge again today, always fun.

50 days at home, I don't even think about going out anymore until I see I need groceries.
Be Safe.


COVID-19 STATS AS OF 5/1/2020

Wisconsin
Confirmed
6,854
-
Deaths
316

United States
Confirmed
1.13M
Recovered
137K
Deaths
65,253

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails