Monday, May 4, 2020

53, a prime number

So, today is day 53 of safer-at-home.

The Phlox are starting to bloom.

I updated the chalk on the driveway. 

 I upgraded to a professional marking chalk.

A couple of years ago, I ordered 2 bluebird house kits from Rudolph's Bluebird Houses.  The back story is about a grieving widower and making Bluebird houses was what helped him after losing his wife.  Click here for the story.  Today, I finally assembled the 2 boxes.  One is now mounted on the back of the stop sign at the corner of my front yard.  I have had a box there before and had a Bluebird nest there.  I didn't realize it was in such bad shape, so I'm glad to have a nice new box ready.

I wasn't sure where to mount the other box.
For now, I put it up on a tree on the West side of the front yard.
It is facing East, seems like I have heard that is a good thing.

I also was excited to see both the First of Year Rose Breasted Grosbeak 
and the FOY Ruby Throated Hummingbird.  
I put the jelly out for the Orioles yesterday and I put the Hummingbird feeders out today.

This is the 3rd year in a row that the Grosbeak has shown up on Mar 4.

May the 4th be with you.

The prime number deal has nothing to do with anything, I just knew that it was.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails