Sunday, May 3, 2020

52 days

Sunday, 52nd day of self-quarantine.

I write in a bird book almost daily, in both 2018 & 2019 I had written that the Rose Breasted Grosbeak showed up in Rice Lake on May 3.  
Normally, the Baltimore Orioles follow closely.
So, today I cleaned up the Oriole feeder and loaded it up with grape jelly.  
I didn't see the Grosbeaks today, but I'll be on the lookout tomorrow.


I did a little yard work and before I came back in the house, I checked on the hops.
They are coming, just babies right now, but growing.


Much to my neighbor's dismay, the dandelions are getting started too.
So bright and cheery, too bad they are hated by most folks.


No sewing today, I did some thinking about the next project, but that's as far as I got.

I played Zoom Bridge this afternoon & then made a trek to Walgreens, Aldi & KwikTrip to get my usual supplies.  I was disappointed to find that most people are not wearing masks. 
I did score some paper towel, which I needed.  I also found a little spendy bottle of hand sanitizer, but I had none, so was glad to buy it.
When I asked the clerk at Walgreens about rubbing alcohol, she laughed.  I just want to make an ice pack bag, but I guess I can wait.

Covid-19 Update
The Wisconsin state Department of Health Services reported 7,964 people have tested positive for the new coronavirus as of Sunday. That's 304 more since the day before. 
And 339 people have died of COVID-19 in the state. 
Several new testing locations were announced in Northern Wisconsin, free drive through testing to anyone who has symptoms and wants to be tested.

Wear your mask, please.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails