Friday, May 22, 2020

Day 71, Staying Home, Staying Safe & Well

Dad always loved a fresh flag on Memorial Day.  
Today I put up a new flag; 
hard to beat the feeling of seeing a new flag waving in the breeze.
I won't be getting to the cemetery this weekend, I hear that the flags are on the graves of the Veterans.
That's nice to know.

I took a little walk-about the yard this afternoon.
Here are a few things that I saw.

Apple Trees in full blossom.

Forget Me Nots are busy spreading, I love it.



Ye Old Stoklasa Ladder Hop vine is on its way.
Ye

Hop vines by the front door look great.

I have several Lilac bushes, this one was in bloom.


 Lily of the Valley, I love it.
I also noticed that 4 clumps of Lily of the Valley, that friend Ann gave me last fall, are thriving.

 There a many Peony buds showing color.
This patch is mostly red and also many white.

This is a yellow Peony, it is really showy.

I planted 3 new Peony roots last fall, all are thriving.  The one closest to the camera took a hit when the temperatures dropped a few weeks ago.


I have been carrying Lupine seeds down to the natural area and finally success.
Once these Lupines take off, they should spread, yippee.


Meanwhile, we are on day 71 of self isolation.
The numbers are not good.
Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
12,885
+472
Recovered
-
Deaths
467
+6
United States
Confirmed
1.63M
+25,017
Recovered
313K
Deaths
96,329
+1,286
Worldwide
Confirmed
5.21M
+104K
Recovered
2.05M
Deaths
338K
+4,467

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails