Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Think Big!

This year when I was shopping for plants, my new favorite nursery here in Rice Lake, Blue View Greenhouse, had patio tomatoes that looked great...and they came with tomatoes already on the vine.
I decided that I might as well buy the big plants for a couple extra dollars rather than wait for weeks while the plants get big enough to flower and set fruit.

All 3 patio tomatoes have fruit and some of the 'maters are starting to turn a little yellow.
I hope that these plants do well, it would be fun to have a couple of early ripe ones.
bbd
When I check the trail cam photos each day, I am continuing to see that the raccoon are in the back yard at night.  Today I installed a motion detector spot light that will flood the backyard with light when any critters stroll in.  I am hoping it helps deter the raccoon and bear from making my yard their nightly playground.
Time will tell.
At the very least, I will be able to see them clearly when they are out there.
bbd

Today is a big day in Wisconsin and the nation.
It is voting day to recall the governor.
(Photo from internet)
I hope that the turnout is huge and that Wisconsin does what is best for Wisconsinites.
(Photo from internet)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails