Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 3rd Update

When I built the free-standing trellis from the plans from Lowes, I was disappointed in the final measurements...no I did not read and consider before building.  The narrow and tall design, was never going to be able to stand up to any wind, regardless of how I would position & anchor the trellis.
I have been thinking it over and today, finally decided on how to redesign the trellis to work well for the grapevine that I built it for.
I couple of adjustments with the hand saw, and a couple of shots of paint on the newly exposed areas,
now I have a free standing tellis that will stand up 
and allow the grapevine spread around the corner of the house.
In the nick of time too, because the grapevine is ready to start hooking on and climbing.
Go for it grapes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails