Sunday, June 24, 2012

That's not what I thought he was doing

As I left Crex Meadows on Saturday, 
after about 3 hours of photographing birds and butterflies and flowers, 
I was headed back to Grantsburg on the County Road, 
when I saw a motorcycle rider had pulled over on the side of the road.  
I 'assumed' that he had pulled over to use the natural facilities, 
and I was at that moment wishing that I could do the same 
as I had spent a little too long out in the Meadows.  
But as I got closer and he got back on his cycle to ride away, I saw what he was really doing.
There was a little gravel pull off and directly across the water, were these 3 lovely swans.
I don't know why there are 3 together, whether they are parents and cygnet or just pals.
My Crex Meadows friends with expertise will have to help me on that.

 More than once they spread their wings for me.
Maybe showing off or maybe cooling off, I'm not sure.
The parents took turns showing their stuff.

It was a sight to see.

They have some flexible necks that is for sure.

I had never seen the swans close enough to take a photograph, 
so I am very thankful that Mr. Motorcycle pointed out the opportunity to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails