Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Lone Ranger rides again

These birds always remind me of the Lone Ranger with their fun masks.
When I got home from breakfast with Krista Sunday morning, these two Cedar Waxwings were snacking on the berries of a bush right next to the driveway.
I have heard that they do a mating thing passing a berry back and forth.
Named a Cedar Waxwing for those red wax like feathers
A little hard to see in the shadows
High in an elm tree
Watching the action at the tree tops
He sees me
He sees one more berry
He really is a beautiful bird
Two-gether
It was exciting for me to see them, it had been 2 years since I had observed them in my yard.
My pictures are okay, but not tack sharp.
Sometimes when I get excited about the subject matter, I forget some of the steps to taking really good pictures, like checking your camera settings.
O well, I'll do better next time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails