Saturday, June 23, 2012

A skinny little thief with full cheeks

I spent Saturday afternoon at Crex Meadows taking photographs.
Here are some funny shot I took of a little chipmunk who was digging in the middle of the sand road.
I watched him dig, peek up and dig again, several times.
I was trying to figure out what he was up to.
It didn't make sense that he was digging a nest.
For a moment I thought he might be hiding some groceries there for later.

But when he sat up and looked at me, I could see that his cheeks were packed full.
I am guessing that he was stealing turtle eggs 
as I have seen turtles digging and laying eggs on those sand roads.

He wasn't too worried that I had caught him in the act.
He even posed for a nice 'mug shot'.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails