Monday, June 21, 2021

Part 1 Stress Test

 In preparation for having knee replacement surgery in the not too distant future, I was scheduled for a stress test on my heart. 

Today was part 1 and was mostly about capturing images of my heart before it is under stress. An IV was placed in my arm, and an injection of a radioactive dye was given. Then I waited an hour for the dye to make its way to where it needed to be and finally a CT scan was performed.

After the CT scan, I had an appointment for a an echocardiogram. That went pretty well and I have to say that both technicians were very friendly, professional, and efficient. They made both procedures very smooth and as comfortable as possible. 

Tomorrow is part 2 of the stress test. I will be given a medication that will put stress on my heart and then another injection of the radioactive dye and then another CT scan.

It is always something.

♥️♥️♥️

On a different note, I retrieved my Kindle from the lost and found at the clinic. I had received a phone call a week ago telling me that it was there. It had been there since April 9th and I had scoured the house unable to locate it having no idea that I had left it anywhere. Of course, in the meanwhile, I have purchased a new Kindle and a person really does not need two. So, I'm not sure where this old Kindle will end up.

♥️♥️♥️

When I was all done at the clinic, I've decided to go eat breakfast. I went to the Rice Lake Family Restaurant. It's the busiest I have ever seen that restaurant. I'm thinking that people are making up for lost time when it comes to eating out. Anyway, as I was walking up to the door of the restaurant, there was an elderly man walking slowly, with a cane, heading in the same direction. I paused long enough that I would be able to hold the door open for him. One of the restaurant workers was holding open the interior door for him and greeted the man by name. Then he seated him in what looked to be the old man's regular spot. I heard one of the waitresses call him Larry. When I was paying my bill, I asked the cashier to let me pay for Larry's lunch. He just reminded me of how dad probably looked when he was heading into the restaurant every day after Ev was gone. So this was my Father's Day gift to my dad. Buying lunch for Larry.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails