Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day

 My plan for Father's Day was to run over to the cemetery and put a new plant in at Dad's grave. I had picked up a very pretty New Guinea Impatien. I read that deer don't love to eat those and the deer had eaten the petunias & pansies down to nubs.

Rain was forecasted, but I went anyway.  When I got to the cemetery,  it was raining a pretty nice rain.  By the time I finished my planting, I was soaked clear to my underwear.

The new plant looks really nice, pretty pink blooms that remind me of roses.  I also brought a new flag for Dad's veteran marker.  It wasn't nice enough to sit on the bench. 



It rained all the way back to Rice Lake.  I got out of my wet clothes and dressed in fleece leggings and fleece sweatshirt. It's kind of nice to feel chilly after all these hot days. 

🌧🌧🌧

Yesterday I sent this photo to John Rosenow as my testimonial in praise of Cowsmos potting mix. The Verbena in these pots filled with Cowsmos is going great guns. 
Very pretty.

Ran across this guy in the backyard.
I don't know many names of insects,  I just leave them to their business.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails