Sunday, June 27, 2021

Lap kitty?

  From the 1st day that I adopted my 2 shelter kitties, Barley and Hops, Hops was always the lap kitty.  She would lay on me forever if I didn't move. I would wait as long as I could before making a trip to the bathroom just to not disturb her lap nap. 

Barley always found a perch nearby but never was interested in laying on my lap. Now that Hops has gone to Kitty heaven, Barley is discovering what it's like to be the only cat in this house. March was when Hops died and here we are in June and Barley has decided that she does like to lay on me. 

But Barley does not understand the concept of laying on my lap.

Barley wants to lay partly on my shoulder, partly on my neck, partly on my collarbone.


This position is quite awkward, but she purrs away and stays there for quite some time.  It is not especially wonderful when it is hot. I have to grab a towel or blanket to cover up my bare shoulders as she forgets that her claws are wicked on human skin.

I guess she is a shoulder cat.

Cats are funny.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails