Wednesday, June 16, 2021

600,000

 It was publicized today that 600,000 Americans have died as a result of the corona covid-19 virus. And at the same time vaccine demand is waning. It's hard for me to understand why people are reluctant to protect themselves from such a deadly virus. I hope that none of them add to the already much too high count of American citizens who have died.

460 days ago began the safer at home quarantining.  Every week I resume more normal activities. It is still confusing knowing when the right time is to wear a mask.  I keep one in my purse. If the workers are wearing masks, I put mine on, it is an awkward & confusing time. 

Yesterday I met my friend Vicki for coffee. It was nice to be back in the coffee shop, hanging out, chatting.  Trying to remember everything that happened over the last 460 days, it's a big blur now.  I guess I'll have to go back and read my blog.

Over the last few days, we have had ideal summer weather.  Barley & I are trying to get at least an hour on the deck every day.  I read and she lounges in her cat condo.  Today, I'm going to give the condo a new coat of paint, so we will have to skip today. 



Our view when we have our deck time.

I went over to water flowers at the cemetery, but the deer had eaten off the flowers. I added a couple of little daisy plants and hope the pansies will rebound.  I guess I'll have to buy some of the anti-munching-deer spray for plants before I go over next time.

My Verbena is blooming like crazy.  The color is so deep and bright, the camera has a hard time capturing it.


One of the plants I transplanted from friend Carol's yard, a couple of weeks ago, is already doing big things.  
These delicate, little fluted flowers are attracting the pollinators.

I love coleus. I used to only know it as a house plant, but it is a nice contrast as a summer bedding plant.   
This little tower is a fun display of the variety in color and texture of the coleus.

I wanted to figure out a location for these big flower pots so that I could quit moving them around. I've been rolling them into the garage for the winter to get them out of the path of the snowplow and wanted to find a spot for them where they could be summer or winter.  I lined them up along the back of the courtyard and planted red verbena and white surdiva.  These are the pots I filled with Cowsmos potting soil.
The photo doesn't really do justice. The Verbena is stunning, see photo above.


Summer is here. This summer sure has a different vibe than last year.

Be well, stay safe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails