Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Lower than low

On Saturday, June 5th, a passerby noticed that my brother Gus's headstone bench was damaged. My sister in law went out to check on the bench and this is what she found.
There were tracks in the grass, apparently someone ran over the bench with a vehicle.





 

My niece posted the photos on Facebook and the posting had over 500 shares.  The word has been spread and I hope that someone will know something. The damage costs are extensive, in the thousands of dollars.  The damage emotionally is immeasurable and overwhelming.  It made me sick, I cannot imagine how bad my sister in law must have felt seeing this, not only did she lose her husband at an early age, now he has been disrespected as he rests in peace.


 The world can be a pretty harsh place sometimes.  Realizing that there are people living in a small community who would do such an outrageous act of vandalism is sobering and distressing.

There is some hope that the back of the bench can be saved, but that remains to be seen.  A police report was filed, but mostly as a formality.  Maybe the Facebook community will find the perpetrator or a clue to identifying this lowlife scum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails