Wednesday, June 9, 2021

LeRoy's Iris

 According to this blog, on Friday, May 8, 2009 the uncle of my Rosenow pals, was generous and sent me home from Cochrane, WI with a carload of perennials that we dug out of his amazing gardens.

I remember there was coral bells, bleeding heart, iris and I'm not sure what else.  The only plant I know for sure that came home with me that day, is this hybrid Iris.

It seems like it only blooms every other year, but I'll check that for sure next year.  About 6 years ago, I split the root and brought half to LeAnna in Colorado.  Now she has LeRoy's Iris blooming too.

2021 is a banner year for Iris, that is for sure! Leroy's Iris has 5 open blooms and one more bud coming. Never before have I had more than 2 blooms from this Iris.

What a show off!

Fantastik!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails