Thursday, June 17, 2021

Outbuildings

 Today I worked on the outbuildings. By out buildings I mean the cat condo, and the Martin house. 

The cat condo needed a coat of paint so I two-wheelered it over to the driveway and sprayed it. It's not perfect but I did cover a lot of the rust and now I know how easy it is to use the two wheeler the tote it over to the driveway. I can start giving it a paint job every spring. 

Then I worked on putting some skirting on the Martin house. The idea was mostly to attach it securely to the tree trunk so that it would not take flight in the case of a strong wind, or in a winter storm. I first had to shim it up along the one side to give it a little bit more of a level appearance. It's not perfect but it's significantly better. And then I put the skirting on. It feels very solid to me now. 

It's kind of a cool artifact for the backyard. I got it about 2 years ago on Facebook Marketplace for $25. It sat in the garage all quarantine.  I gave it a good spray with some sealer.  Hopefully it will hold up to the weather for many years. 



 Then it was time to enjoy the fruits of our labors so Barley and I are had some deck time on a warm summer evening.


The outbuilding projects are done. But there are more projects on my list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails