Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Box-less, who knew

 I have had a finicky light switch in the guest bathroom for a couple of years.  I don't use that bathroom too much, so it was easy to ignore.  I did think I could replace a light switch with my limited knowledge, but once I took the switch cover off, I could see this was beyond my expertise.  

With company coming mid July, I finally got on the phone and called an electrician.  He came today.  He explained to me that modular homes, much like trailer houses, use box-less light switches.  The Romax cable runs through the switch and there is not junction box in the wall.  This electrician is not a fan and asked if I would be happy if he put in a junction box and new switch for both the light and the fan.  Fine by me.  

This style switch is known in the biz as Decor.

The new switches are Toggle.

There are several quirky things about the build on a modular home like mine.  Most of which become problematic somewhere along the line.  The plumbing in this place has been a real problem, event after event and the water heater, a smaller & narrower profile, is a special order, of course.

I was not aware of any of this when I looked at the house, I mostly saw the layout and the location, the rest was just details.

I'm really pleased to know that Meyer Electric in Rice Lake are so quick to respond and for a reasonable price.  I have a few other 'wants' for electrical work, now I know who to call.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails