Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a flurry of activity.
I'll post more later, but in the midst of all the family gathering and driving, 
I caught a couple of fun bird photos.
To say we have had a lot of rain, is quite the understatement.
Almost every parking lot has standing water, and the wildlife seem to appreciate these makeshift ponds.

A Killdeer who was enjoying a little wading and bathing.

This House Wren was feeding someone who is inside this gourd at Gus & Lois's.

The House Wren was deciding if he could trust me.
My drive from Luck to Rice Lake on Sunday was very pretty.
Some big clouds were forming and I stopped to take a few photos.
These clouds really were wanting to be something, but it skipped past Rice Lake.
While I was stopped to take photos of clouds, 
I got a bonus shot of a fawn following a doe across the road.  
Happily there was no traffic.

Silly little buggers, all legs.
That's it for now, I'll write more about the weekend late.
Dad and Ev are in Luck now, so it will be a busy week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails