Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I'm not big on surprises anymore

The older I get, the less I like surprises.
I guess if I won a bunch of money, I might like that surprise, but other stuff?  
Not so much.
I'd rather have a little planning time for most other events.
Most days, not much surprises me around here.
Maybe the chance to see a pretty kitty in the sunlight and then catching a sweet photo,
sometimes that does catch me by surprise.
Barley in the afternoon, surveying her kingdom.

This morning, as I was about to sit down at the laptop to work on a project for our Luck Alumni Scholarship Foundation, I picked Barley up and was surprised to feel a small cyst on her chest.  It was about the size of a grape.  She was pretty relaxed about me trying to get a good look at it.
After my brief assessment, I decided to call the Vet, 
and surprisingly I was able to get an appointment this afternoon.
Barley is not fond of the cage and a car ride.
First order of business at the Vet was to update Barley's rabies/distemper shots.
Next, the Vet was able to aspirate a few cells out of the growth, and once she examined these cells microscopically, she felt the growth is a cyst.
Of course, after a peek at Barley's teeth, the Vet suggests a teeth cleaning and also remove the cyst.
Well, I was surprised that today cost about $100 and the next steps will run between $450-$700.
Now that is surprising.
I suppose we will follow through with both, 
but I need a few days for the surprise to wear off before I make that appoint.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails