Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sunday Drive - Phase 2

Just over the hill from those domestic geese (if that's what they are), I pulled off onto an E/W road to check out a creek under a little bridge, seeing nothing of interest, I did the Y turn, that I am becoming quite proficient in performing, and headed back to my original route.  At the stop sign, I looked up and saw this face looking at me.  How could I resist taking her photograph?
Yes, she needs a good under-body bath, but otherwise, she's a beauty.
As I was taking her picture, I heard a strange bellowing noise coming from my right.
Dude!
This guy was making some pretty crazy noises.
It made me remember a time when I was a little girl, the neighbors had a bull staked out at the end of their driveway.  I think it was a chain attached to the ring in the nose, gulp.  I was very afraid of that bull.
One night when my parents were out, and just we kids were at home, Glenn pulled all the butcher knives out and laid them on the kitchen table to convince me that we were safe from that bull.
I always wondered what my parents thought when they came home from their evening out.
Children in bed asleep and every knife in the house laying on the kitchen table.
Anyway, back to my story.
So, Dude! from photo above, was making some noise.
I was watching him and snapping pictures when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.
Here comes the herd, this one was hauling it to get closer.
The whole herd wasted no time in getting down the hill, galloping down the hill to the gathering spot.
The girls are assembled.
I'm not sure if this was all because of  Dude!'s bellowing or if they thought my car was delivering some kind of snack.  So the unanswered question remains, were they happy to see me or Dude!
Regardless, it was fun to watch.  Farm animals are just as entertaining as wild ones.

Phase 3 of my Sunday drive will be posted later.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails