Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Flowers

This morning there was a new bloom in the backyard.  
I don't remember planting this iris but it is a beauty.
 Iris has been my favorite flower for a long time, I have always been partial to the purple, but this yellow iris is a beauty for sure.

Early this spring, I picked up some begonia plants at Walgreens.  Cheap enough and so far they have not disappointed with their blooms.



I could never have begonias as basket flowers in Colorado, it is just to hot and dry.
It is a delight to see these beauties continue to bloom all summer.
Jacobs Ladder
 Returning from last year is a nice Jacobs Ladder bush.
I didn't realize that these blooms would come so early, very pretty and delicate.

 As usual, I planted petunias in my deck railing pots and in some hanging baskets.
How can you not love petunias.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails