Friday, June 21, 2013

A sign?

About 3 years ago, LeRoy (who is Roche & LeAnna's now deceased uncle) game me a trunk load of perennials to plant in my yard.  He had the most amazing yard near Cochrane, WI.  And he had a green thumb!  Most of what LeRoy gave me did not thrive in my yard.  Iris has been my favorite flower for a long time and none of the iris ever bloomed.  Last year I relocated some of his iris to a sunnier spot in my yard, and they are showing promise, but no blooms this year.
Yesterday I noticed this iris blooming in my yard.  I had forgotten I had planted one of LeRoy's iris in this flower bed.  It is really putting on a show this year!
I said I thought it was a sign.  LeRoy was a big Packer fan, so maybe we'll see a Super Bowl season?  Or maybe it is a sign that these iris are finally settled into their new digs.
Regardless, I really love this iris...
Thank you LeRoy.
There are a few other beauties in my yard.
Forget Me Not

White Columbine

Wild Daisy

Yellow Iris
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed these blooms.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails