Monday, June 3, 2013

Out for a Sunday Drive - Part 1

I used to love Sunday drives.  Even as an adult, I would come home from Colorado and Gus would take Lois and I out for a Sunday drive to look around.  Sometimes it was to see some property he was interested in, or just to drive by a lake that was remote.  I always enjoyed the outing.
This past Sunday, I had to be in Cameron at 10:30am to pick up the left over plants from a craft/bake/plant sale at the Senior Center.  I had put my camera in the car, so once I was done there, I thought I should take a little drive.
I drove country roads out of Cameron and happened on a pond in a pasture.  I think these might be domesticated geese, but I am still researching the proper identity.
As I drove up, most of the flock / gaggle was getting out of the pond and getting serious about preening.
Several of the darker birds were really showing off.
Conducting the orchestra?
Showing off those lovely wings
Getting the necks clean?
Look at me
Did you see me?
My next stop was kind of silly, I'll write about that tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails